Easy Butter Chicken
Butter chicken is considered an extravagant dish for the wealthiest Indian families, with variants produced by world-class chefs throughout the globe. The recipe for my butter chicken curry is awash with aromatic herbs and spices, butter, and lashes of thick cream, giving it the rich, opulent taste fit for a Maharaja (king) or Maharani (queen)!
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 2 cups boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream or coconut cream
- Fresh ginger, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Melt the clarified butter or oil over medium heat in a standard-sized covered skillet. Cook the cubed chicken until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Pour in a little more water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Add 3 tbsp. cream and cook for an additional one minute.
- Garnish with cilantro and ginger.
- Serve hot with basmati rice or naan bread.