Paneer and Peas Butter Masala
Some of the most popular Indian dishes in history combine the simple pairing of crumbly paneer cheese with the soft delicate texture of peas. It’s no surprise, then, that this Paneer and Peas Butter Masala is a winner with all members of our household. I love to cook this dish because it’s quick, utilizing the freshness of frozen peas and the rich flavor of cubed paneer to get results fast. From skillet to plate in less than 15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup (100 gram) paneer, cubed
- 1/2 jar Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce
- 1/2 cup (20 gram) frozen peas
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Heat the oil over normal heat in a standard-sized covered skillet. Add paneer cubes and brown all sides.
- Add 1/2 jar Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Pour in a little more water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Add 1/2 cup frozen peas and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with rice or naan bread.