Pav Bhaji Jugaad
Sometimes, when I think of Mumbai my heart aches for Pav Bhaji from Chowpatti. This popular street snack is a flavorful vegetable mash of potatoes, peas and carrots served alongside a soft, buttered, perfectly toasted bun. If this sounds simple, think again. There’s nothing quite like warm melted butter, gentle spices, and its rich tomatoey taste, especially when washed down with a rich lassi. My Jugaad helps you whip out Pav Bhaji any day with just a few ingredients in no time.
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Kadai sauce
- Chopped cilantro and lemon wedges
- Heat the 2 tbsp. butter or oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add all vegetables. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add water, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tendered.
- Use fork or potato masher to mash vegetables. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Kadai sauce. Mix well and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with a flatbread of toasted buns. Garnish with chopped onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime.