Kadai Chicken is a delectable Indian chicken dish where chicken is cooked with freshly ground spices. This fiery curry complements naan or any other Indian bread.
Anything cooked in a Kadai with this specific Kadai masala is given the term, such as Kadai Chicken, Kadai Paneer, and Kadai Mushrooms. Chicken pieces are marinated in a spicy ginger garlic mixture before being cooked in a spicy, rich tomato sauce with large chunks of onions and peppers. The masala, produced fresh by roasting and grinding a few common spices, is the key to preparing a great Karahi Chicken. To cook this recipe, always use fresh masala since the flavour of freshly ground spices is always superior to that of store-bought masala. If you don't have these spices on hand, you may use store-bought Kadai Masala.
- Chicken with the bone for curries, as the bones provide a lot of flavours. Having said that, if you like, you may use boneless chicken instead.
- For Marination - In this recipe, the chicken is marinated with ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and lemon juice. It is set for 30 minutes to allow the chicken to soak up the taste.
- Onions and Capsicum
- Tikka n Curry’s Kadai Masala
- Yogurt and fresh cream - These two ingredients make the gravy creamy and add richness, making it even more delicious.
- Other Ingredients - We'll need oil, black cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, onions, tomato puree, kasuri methi, ginger garlic, green chilies, all-purpose flour, garam masala powder, salt, and turmeric powder to prepare the foundation curry.
- The combination of whole spices, spice powders, and other ingredients gives a lot of flavour to this meal, making it tempting.
Recipe step by step:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, ginger garlic paste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- Allow the chicken to marinade in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast the coriander, cumin, fennel, black peppercorns, and dry red chillies until they are browned and aromatic over medium-low heat. Cool and grind into a powder
- When the oil is heated, add the black cardamom, cinnamon, and bay leaves and cook for a few seconds.
- Add Tikka n curry’s Kadai Masala
- Add the marinated chicken into the masala
- Whisk in the yoghurt and all-purpose flour. The addition of all-purpose flour to the yoghurt stops it from breaking.
- Cover the pan with ½ cup water and salt to taste.
- Cook the chicken over low heat until nearly done. Cook for another 2-3 minutes after adding the capsicum, onion cubes, garam masala, and turmeric powder.
- Mix in the fresh cream and kasuri methi. Serve hot.